Hello my darling bees, It's been such a hectic week as I prepare to have my kitchen become a no-go zone for a 2 or 3 months for renovation. Possibly longer... how will I cope? I know, poor me... hahaha, but it will all be worth it.
Anyway, I've been waiting to make a no-bake desserts for some time now, and came up with this delightful chocolate overload no-bake Baileys pie. As my kitchen will be out of use for sometime, its only going to force me to think of fun new ways to make desserts for my bees.
What will I need?
What do I do?
1. First, my darlings, you want to grease your 9" pie pan, then set to one side.
2. In a large bowl, add together your melted butter to your graham crackers crumbs (I used a food processor to crumb the crackers), and mix until combined. Now press down evenly into the bottom (and slightly up the sides) of your pie pan. Leave to on side.
3. Whisk the cornstarch and ¼ cup of milk together in a small bowl. Set to one-side.
4. In a saucepan, gently melt your chocolate chips in your Baileys on a low heat, until smooth. Keep on whisking my honeys, so you don’t burn your chocolate.
5. Once melted, add in your remaining milk and the cornstarch mixture, and whisk together. Bring your mixture to a boil while whisking constantly, and it will begin to thicken. Once boiling, whisk continuously for around 2 minutes, until fully thickened.
6. Pour mixture into your crust, then pop in the fridge for about an hour, before moving onto the next step.
7. Now to add your chocolate ganache! Very simple. Pop the chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl and add your heavy cream, and Baileys. Then microwave for 1 minute, siring every 30 seconds until chocolate chips have melted. Leave to one side until cool (about 5 minutes).
8. Remove pie from the fridge, then pour your chocolate ganache all over, spreading it evenly. Once you're happy you want to pop it back in the fridge until cool. In the meantime, we can make the Bailey's whipping cream.
Tips, Tricks & Tiaras